[Updated: Sept. 20th, 2019]
Our Commitment to your privacy
By using certain functionality on our site, you automatically consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information (as defined below).
What Is Personal Information
Personal Information (“Personal Information”) means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, first and last name, home or other physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information.
In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Information about yourself. However, if you:
- Sign up to make an appointment as a AcuMaster client, we will require you to register for an account and provide your Contact Information;
- E-mail us inquiries or contact us by phone, we will receive your name or the name of your organization as well as your e-mail address. If we need to follow up with you in writing or by telephone, we may ask for your contact information such as; first name, last name, organization name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number;
- Request to receive promotional mailings from us, we may collect the Contact Information that is to the form of mailing requested, either post, e-mail or both;
How We Use Personal Information
We may retain and disclose that information for several purposes, as follows:
- To process your bookings and cancellation requests;
- To appropriately respond to your questions and comments in regards to our products and services;
- To keep in contact with you in regards to promotional offers and events that you have signed up for;
- To ensure compliance with our policies and applicable law, which may include passing your Personal Information to governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agencies.
- To inform analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site.
- To third party when the law requires us to do so.
If you later wish to opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time, simply follow the instructions in the Privacy Preferences/Opt-Out section.
Retention and Storage of Your Personal Information
AcuMaster will retain your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected in our secure server. We will delete your Personal Information after a period of time when the information is no longer relevant to your use or the relevant function of the site for which the information was originally collected for unless:
- You request that some or all of your Personal Information be permanently deleted by us before we delete them according to our internal policy or;
AcuMaster reserves the right to maintain your Personal Information for as long as is required:
- In order to comply with applicable laws;
- In the event that there is ongoing litigation involving you and us; or
- There is an ongoing investigation or proceeding involving law enforcement, governmental or regulatory authorities with jurisdiction over your Personal Information.
To close your account please unsubscribe from our email list. If you want us to remove you from all or some of our mailing lists to which you have subscribed and or delete your credit card information, please send us an email at email@example.com Please note that once we have deactivated your account, some information based on regulation by the law must kept for up to 10 years. If, in addition, you want us to delete your personal information from our databases at the same time as closing your account or removing you from our mailing lists, or both, please indicate as such in your e-mail. If you do not ask us to delete your personal information once your account or subscription to our mailing lists, or both, have been closed, we shall retain your Personal Information until further noticed.
We and our third-party service providers may use personal information and non-identifiable information collected during your visits to the Site to determine the type of advertisements for promotional purposes. You may opt-out of advertising based on information we collect by unsubscribing to our mailing list or services.
If you are subscribed to any Newsletter managed by AcuMaster and in the event that you no longer want to receive promotional offers, emails or communication from AcuMaster, please follow one of the two options listed below:
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mails by clicking “Click here to unsubscribe now”.
If you no longer want to receive any form of communication from us please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case you will no longer receive communications of offers, promotions and events including phone calls and emails. However, please understand that AcuMaster reservse the right contact you in the case that certain laws may need to be upheld such as when it comes to a patients’ safety, well-being and handling of sensitive information.
AcuMaster intends to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure. All the information that you have provided us goes to a secure server and our website complies with industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or stored on a server is guaranteed total security. Therefore, while we work to protect your Personal Information and privacy, we do not warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online. We also cannot be held responsible for the theft, destruction, or unintended disclosure of your Personal Information.
We usually do not ask for your Credit Card and other financial information to make purchases on the Site, however this term may change in the future.
To ensure maximum security of your account, when creating an account on our site, please remember to use at least 6 letters with a number or symbol. The more complex your password, the more secure your account will be. Please note that you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password, the information associated with your account, and for all activities that occurs under your account. In the case that your password and account information is inadvertently disclosed, it is advised that you change your information immediately to avoid further loss of security.